WordPress is an online, open source website creation tool written in PHP. But in non-geek speak.
it is probably the easiest and most powerful blogging and website content management system (or CMS) in existence today.
Who use WordPress?
You are in good company if you use WordPress to publish on the web. Many famous blogs, training outlets, music sites, Fortune 5000 companies and celebrities are using WordPress.
WordPress Hosting and Installation Options
- Setting up Web Hosting
- Registering a Domain Name
- Downloading and Installing WordPress on Your Web Spaces
- a. Adding a Pre-Existing Site Template to WordPress
Configuring WordPress Setup Options
- General Settings
- Reading Settings
- Writing Settings
- Discussion Settings
- Making WordPress Behave Like a Website or a Blog
- When and How to Upgrade WordPress
- Managing User Roles and Permissions
- Managing Spam with Askimet
Adding WordPress Plug-ins
- Downloading and Installing Plug-ins
- Activating Plug-ins
- Guide to the Most Useful WordPress plug-ins
- Posts vs. Pages
- Adding Content to Posts & Pages
- Managing Links
- Using Categories
- Using Tags
- Managing User Comments
- Uploading Images
- Basic and Advanced Image Formatting
- Adding Video
- Adding Audio
- Managing the Media Library